Getting help from FASS


Who can be referred for alcohol counselling?

FASS alcohol counselling is intended for individuals aged 16+ years who are concerned about their own alcohol-related problems or those of someone else

 getting help motive

FASS' therapuetic counselling can help people find solutions for

  • regular drinking and binge drinking
  • psychological and physical dependency
  • use of alcohol with recreational drugs and medications
  • mild to moderate psychological and behavioural problems
  • relationship and family difficulties
  • employment and lifestyle issues


How to refer

This section explains the various options available for referring yourself or someone else for counselling (if you have permission). There are also online and printable referral forms for GPs, employers, social workers and other agencies. Read our How to refer page


How we work with our clients

Our counsellors work holistically with clients. We recognise that alcohol problems are often complex with multi-faceted personal and relationship issues present

Some of our clients receive guidance and support from other services. Our counsellors and agency staff are available to:

  • liaise with other services on behalf of clients
  • provide assessment and progress reports
  • attend case conferences


Find out more about receiving counselling with FASS here


How to refer to the EMDR Trauma Service



Please see the EMDR Trauma Service in the service section for details