Referring for Alcohol Counselling

FASS alcohol counselling is intended for individuals aged 16+ years who are concerned about their own alcohol-related problems. We also provide counselling support for adults who are trying to cope with someone who is drinking too much.

There are several ways to refer yourself or another for counselling.


Telephone FASS on 01592 206200. If you are referring yourself, you will be asked for your name and address or other means of contacting you. We need this so we can arrange an appointment for you with one of our counsellors.

If we are not available, a telephone answering service will operate. If you leave your name and number, we will return your call as soon as we can.

Referral Form

Use a FASS Referral Form. A Self-Referral form in pdf format can be found in the sidebar of this page or downloaded here.

Referral Forms for Primary Care, other services and employers can be found by following the links below to specific referral guidelines.

GPs and Primary Care
Health and Social Care
Other Agency

Complete your referral and post to:

Fife Alcohol Support Service
24 Hill Street


You may prefer to visit our office, where one of our staff can help you with the referral. Our office address is:

Fife Alcohol Support Service
24 Hill Street,

We are open:
Monday to Thursday 9.30am to 12.30pm & 1.30pm to 4.15pm
Friday 9.30am to 12.30pm

Related downloads

Self Referral Form